In today’s era, only a business that adapts to the trends is successful. Dark mode gets its peak in 2019. Almost every programming company was focused to feature dark mode in their application. In all this, there was only one application that didn’t follow this trend. Yes, that was Snapchat. The messaging platform that many people used to chat and maintain snap-streaks with their loved ones, finally rejected dark mode on IOS this year. Today, we will walk you through the method required to enable dark mode on Snapchat.
How To Enable Dark Mode In Snapchat on iPhone
Read Also, How To Delete Snapchat Account 2022
When we are talking about to activate the Dark Mode feature on the iPhone or IOS, it’s simple & direct. On the IOS, enable the Dark Mode feature is simple and direct. You just need to switch themes from within the app. Nonetheless, on Android, you should depend on a workaround to get the app to show up in Dark Mode.
Snapchat Dark Mode IOS
In Apple’s IOS, Snapchat application comes with the built-in Dard Mode. The Snapchat app for iOS comes with inherent Dark Mode support. You can change to a native dark theme at whatever point you want or set the social media app’s appearance to match the system color theme on your IOS device. Let’s dive in to discuss the key steps to get Snapchat Dark Mode on iPhone.
- Go to the Snapchat app & smash the bitmoji icon at the top left on the device’s icon
- Tap on the Setting button at the top right corner.
- Go down the setting menu & click on App Appearance.
- Select the option named with Always Dark.
Snapchat will shift the theme from light to Dark Mode in a while. If you want to get the light theme back, just go to the above setting and smash on Always Light option.
Dark Mode On Snapchat For Android 2022
Just like iPhone, the Android Snapchat app doesn’t provide the feature of dark theme. But, you can depend on a workaround to use the app in Dark Mode by forcing the device’s color scheme on apps on unsupported apps.
- Open the Settings of your device
- Click on Display & Brightness option
- Then click on Dark Mode Setting to adapt dark mode setting on your android.
- Smash on “Dark Mode for third-party app (Beta)” then you’ll see the number of apps that are viable with forced dark mode.
- Find Snapchat from the list that supported apps and enable the option.
- When the confirmation prompts show up, select “Turn on” to enable dark mode on Snapchat.
Now open your Snapchat and enjoy the Dark Mode! This method is much better than the system-wide forced dark theme enable via Developer options.
Enable Snapchat Dark Mode On Any Android Phone
As we all know that Snapchat doesn’t have an official Dark Mode option, we will be updating this section when Snapchat announces official the Dark theme for its Android users. The nearest and simplest method you get right now is through activating the “Forced system-Dark mode” from the developer option. If you’re interested in force-enabling dark themes in Snapchat, here’s how you can do it:
- Open the device setting & click on About Phone
- Now go down until you get the” Builder Number”
Tap on it seven times to enable your Developer Mode. Now you have enabled your developer option on your android phone.
- Now go back to the settings home page and explore the System option
- Scroll down and find the Developer Option to get access developer option.
- Here enable the “Override force-dark” toggle and you will successfully enable force-dark mode on your device, then you’ll notice that the device will change the colors of apps that don’t support dark mode.
Note: Tragically, recent versions of Snapchat don’t respond to forced dark mode, and the Android application stays in the light theme. Hence, you will download and install an older version of Snapchat from the XYZ website.
Smash on the XYZ website link and hit the “Download APK” button to download Snapchat version 10.72.0.0 on your phone. You might miss out on new functions if you take this method, but this is the only way to get Snapchat’s dark theme instantly.