In this article, I will provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to set up voicemail on your iPhone. Setting up voicemail on your iPhone is not quite difficult. The process to set up voicemail will be different depending on where you live. In this article, I will show you How to Set Up Voicemail on iPhone 13,12 and11, no matter where you live.
How to Set up and Activate Voicemail on iPhone
Check your voicemail on your iPhone
Visual Voicemail shows a list of your messages in the Phone app. So, you have to choose which ones you want to play and delete them without listening to all of them. A badge on the Voicemail sign indicates the number of unheard messages. Voicemail transcription which is available only in certain countries or regions shows your messages transcribed into text. Transcription is limited to voicemails in English received on your iPhone with iOS 10 or later, and it depends on the quality of the recording.
Play, share, or delete a voicemail message
- First, tap Voicemail, and then tap a message.
- Do any of the following which you want.
- Tap play to play the message.
- Tap to share if you want to share the message.
- Tap to delete if you want to delete the message.
In a few countries/regions, deleted messages may be permanently removed by your carrier. If you change your sim card Voice messages may also be deleted. To recover a deleted message, tap Deleted Messages > tap the message > then click Undelete.
How Do Set up Voicemail on iPhone 13?
- Setting up voicemail on iPhone 13 only takes a double click.
- Open the Phone app.
- Tap Voicemail and then select Set up wow.
- Choose a password for your voicemail.
- Then select a default or custom greeting.
- Following the above steps, voicemail is set up and ready to run on iPhone 13.
How Do You Check Voicemail on iPhone 13?
Checking your voicemail is an easy method.
- Open the Phone app and tap Voicemail.
- Select a message.
- Tap Play to listen to a voicemail message.
- Click to delete option to Deleted Messages, where it can be deleted permanently or undeleted.
Voicemail Settings on iPhone 13
Once you have set up voicemail, you may change voicemail settings.
- Open Voicemail and click greeting to change your greeting.
- To change your voicemail password, navigate to Settings > open Phone, and then shift Voicemail Password. Now enter a new voicemail password.
- Change the voicemail alert sound by coming to Settings > Sounds or Settings > Sounds. Now select new voicemail to adjust your voicemail’s alert sound.
Setup Voicemail on iPhone 12
Like Visual Voicemail, voicemail transcription is accessible on iPhone 12. To avail of a transcript of a voicemail on your device follow the given instructions.
- Open the Phone app on your iPhone 12.
- Tap Voicemail.
- The first time you open any recent voicemail, the app will begin transcribing the message. After some time, the transcription will load on the voicemail page.
- Once the transcription is complete, click Share to send the voicemail transcription through AirDrop, Mail, or iMessage.
Managing your iPhone 12 Voicemail
If you want to change your voicemail password or greeting then there are easy options to adjust.
- To change your voicemail greeting, Go to Phone > Voicemail and tap Greeting.
- To change your voicemail password, Go to Settings > Phone > Change Voicemail Password and enter the new password.
- To change voicemail notification sounds, Go to Settings > Sounds > New Voicemail then select the sound you want to use from the Alert Tones options.
- To make a call from a voicemail, Tap a voicemail to open it > tap the Phone icon.
- To delete a voicemail, then tap a voicemail to open it, and tap Delete.
How to Setup Voicemail on iPhone 11?
- From the home screen, swipe up to access the Apps tray
- Then scroll to and select the Visual Voicemail app.
- Select next.
- Select activate visual voicemail.
- Visual Voicemail is now set up.
Read Also, Microsoft Teams App Download PC 2023
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I activate my Voicemail?
Ans: On the android mobile client, Tap the menu icon, and then Settings > Voicemail. Switch the Voicemail slider to ON.
Q: Why does my iPhone not have a Voicemail setup?
Ans: Go to Settings > Phone and scroll down. If you see the option to change the voicemail password, then the voicemail is on. If you don’t see it, then voicemail is off and you need to enable it.
Q: How can I change my voicemail greeting on my iPhone?
Ans: The step-by-step guide is given above to change voicemail greetings on iPhone.