This article explains how to connect a PS4 controller to iPhone 13. It includes information on how to play PlayStation 4 games on the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch devices with iOS 13 or later. There are some best controllers for mobile gaming out there, but why spend the money on one when you already have a PS4 controller collecting dust? In this article, I will provide you with information on how to connect the PS4 controller to your iPhone. Using a controller from your PlayStation or Xbox can make playing Apple Arcade games so much better. Furthermore, this article also guides you on how to pair it with your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and AppleTV. So, you can now connect your PlayStation 4 controller and Xbox One S controller to iOS13 and tvOS.
Connect PS4 Controller to iPhone 13
iOS 13 or later allows you to connect a Playstation controller 4 to your iPhone through Bluetooth pairing. You can also apply this with an iPad and some Xbox controllers.
Here’s how to connect it to an iPhone.
- Open the Settings menu on your iPhone.
- Tap “Bluetooth” to get into the Bluetooth menu. Bluetooth might already be on, but if it isn’t, turn it on by clicking the toggle switch at the top of the screen. It will green when Bluetooth is turned on.
- Hold the Bluetooth menu open so that you can see when the controller shows up and pair it.
- On your PS4 controller, click the Playstation and Share buttons simultaneously. Keep them down until the light on the controller starts to flash.
- Then in the Bluetooth menu on your iPhone, you will see the “DUALSHOCK 4 Wireless Controller” pop up. Click that to pair your controller.
- Your controller is paired when the light on the backstops fluttering and turns a reddish-pink color.
If you want to pair your PS4 controller with an iPad then follow the same steps.
How Do I Connect My Xbox Controller To iPhone/Ipad 12?
To connect the Xbox controller to your iPad, you will need to have an Xbox Wireless Adapter or an Xbox One Play and Charge Kit. If you have one of these, you can follow the instructions to connect it to your iPad. Once you have completed this, you will be able to use your Xbox controller to play games on your iPad. Furthermore, your iPhone must be paired with an Xbox controller in order for it to work properly. Some games do not support controllers, but other games do. Mostly every game in the Apple Arcade supports the addition of a controller. If you end up using the controller, click the small icon next to the device’s name to disconnect it.
How to connect an Xbox One S Controller?
Xbox announced at E3 that also supports Bluetooth connection. If yours would not connect for whatever reason, connect it to your PC/Xbox and make sure that the firmware is up to date, if it is not, you’ll most likely have trouble connecting to your iOS device.
- Similar to the PS4 controller, all you have to do is turn the controller on
- Then press the connect button at the top.
- You have to wait for the Xbox logo to start blinking quickly.
- Then you should see “Xbox Wireless Controller” on the Bluetooth settings on your device. Press it to connect and you will be good to go.
Pair a DualShock 4 wireless controller with a supported device
- To pair your wireless controller with a supported device, turn on pairing mode by using Bluetooth for the first time.
- Just make sure the player indicator on the controller is off.
If the player indicator is on, press and hold the PS button to turn it off.
- If a USB is connected to your controller then disconnect it.
- While pressing and holding the share button, press and hold the PS Button until the light bar blinks.
- Allow Bluetooth on your device, and then select the controller from the list of Bluetooth devices.
- When pairing is finished, the light bar blinks, and then the player indicator lights up.
How to disconnect DualShock 4 from iPhone or iPad?
If you want to disconnect DualShock 4, here’s how to turn it off. If you want to use the controller, you simply need to hold down the PS button for ten seconds. The most convenient method is to use the Control Center on the iPhone.
- Go to your Control Center on a Face ID-compatible iPhone by swiping crosswise from the upper right of your screen toward the lower left. On a Touch ID-supported iPhone, swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
- Press and keep down on the blue Bluetooth icon.
- In the menu that pops up, press and keeps down the icon that says Bluetooth is On.
- You should see “DUALSHOCK 4 Wireless Controller” in the options. Tab it, and your controller will immediately disconnect.
Another convenient method:
- Open the Settings app and click Bluetooth.
- Under My Devices, you will see “DUALSHOCK 4 Wireless Controller.” To the right, you’ll see the letter “i” within a blue circle. Press it.
- In the menu that pops up, click on Disconnect. The controller will immediately stop working.
If you want to use the controller again, just press the DualShock 4’s PS button and it should immediately start working.
Read Also, How to Reset Graphics Driver Windows 11
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can the iPhone 13 run PS4 games?
Ans: Just like Android phones, iOS devices can stream all games from a local PS5, PlayStation 4, or PS4 Pro.
Q: Why won’t my iPhone 13 connect to any Bluetooth devices?
Ans: Make sure that your Bluetooth accessory and iOS/iPadOS device are close to each other.
Q: What Bluetooth does the iPhone 13 have?
Ans: The iPhone 13 supports Bluetooth 5.0 and Wi-Fi 6.