Duplicating or copy to photos on iPhone is not quite difficult. If you are worried about how to duplicate photos on your iPhone then there is no need to worry. This article guides all steps to duplicate photos and how to delete those photos. Thus, you can easily copy photos on your iPhone. In addition, you can also duplicate a photo and then paste it into another document such as an email, text message, etc. You can also, duplicate a photo or video while preserving the original version in the Photos app on iPhone.
Duplicate Photos on iPhone iOS 16
iOS 16, Apple provides a built-in tool to find and delete duplicate photos on iPhone that’s super easy to use. Furthermore, Apple also offers discarded duplicates that will show up in the recently removed album to check on what’s being trashed or recover any shots. A new feature of Apple is called “Duplicate detection” which helps to aggregate all of your repetitive shots. But it is only available on iOS 16, which you can download as long as you have an iPhone 8 or newer. By using this new feature you can free up wasted storage space. In this article, you can get information on how to delete duplicate photos with iOS 16.
How to Duplicate Photos on iPhone?
Duplicate Photos on iPad and iPhone Free
It is not difficult to duplicate or copy photos on iPhone and iPad. You can find the Duplicate function in the Photos application to duplicate photos or videos. But this feature is available on the latest iOS version. There are the following steps that you can follow to duplicate photos.
- Open the Photos app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Click Select to choose the photos which you want to duplicate. You can select one or more photos.
- Then click the Share button.
- Scroll down to find Duplicate and tap it, and it will automatically go back to the album and the duplicate copy will store next to the last photo.
- You can repeat the process to copy as many photos as possible. The quality and resolution of the duplicate are the same as the original, and it will occupy the same size.
Delete Duplicate photos on iOS 16
- Open the Photos app on your iPhone.
- Click Albums at the bottom of your screen.
- Scroll down to the section titled Utilities in the album.
- In the utility section, select Duplicates.
- You will see duplicate photos and an option to Merge.
- Click Merge to delete duplicate photos.
- To go through your duplicates faster, click Select in the top right corner to choose multiple photos at once. You can even Select All to merge all of the copy photos iOS 16.
IOS 16 Find Duplicate Photos
The Duplication folder is present in the Photos App. First, open the Photos app on your iPhone with iOS 16 and go to Albums. When you scroll down then you will see the Utilities section. Thus, you will find the Duplicate folder there. There can be different reasons behind it if you do not.
Free Duplicate Photo Cleaner Apps for iPhone
Duplicate photo cleaner apps provide amazing convenience by cleaning up the clutter on iPhone and keeping the best photos. So, there are plenty of iPhone cleaning apps that can delete screenshots and photos. Following are the best free duplicate photo cleaner apps for iPhone.
- Cleaner for iPhone
- Phone Cleaner (Delete Photos)
- Flic (Delete and Manage Photos)
- Photo Finder
- Remove master for camera roll
- Photo Cleaner (Album organizer)
- Remo Duplicate Photos Remover
- Clean Photos
- Cleanup (Phone Storage Cleaner)
- Smart Cleaner
- Cleaner (Master Cleanup)
- Photo Culling
Read Also, How to Change Sensitivity on Twitter
That is all about how to duplicate photos on iPhone or iPad. You can go to the Photos app to select the wanted photo and click “Duplicate” to create a copy. Moreover, to delete duplicate photos, you can manually delete them or let FoneTool help you delete all copied photos with one click.
Q: What causes photos to duplicate on iPhone?
Ans: Duplicate photos or images can happen due to syncing errors or syncing folders multiple times, or simply taking too many photos of the same things.
Q: Can iPhone detect duplicate photos?
Ans: The Photos app detects duplicate photos or videos in your photo library in the Duplicates album.
Q: How do I clean up my iPhone photos?
Ans: Open Photos on your phone. From the Library tab, tap All Photos, then click Select. Select multiple photos, or slide your finger across multiple photos to select more than one. Click the Trash button then confirm to delete the item.